Did you know archery is one of the oldest arts still practiced today? Modern advancements in the equipment mean this sport is even more accessible to archers of any age. Grab your bow and arrows and come and give it a try at Elm Creek in Maple Grove or Carver Park Reserve in Victoria. Stationary ranges offer targets at a variety of distances, as well as a shooting tower. Or test your marksmanship with a walk-through range featuring multiple shooting stations.
A pass is required to use archery ranges. Youth age 15 and younger are free but must be accompanied by a paying adult. You must provide your own archery equipment. No equipment? Schedule a group lesson with the Outdoor Recreation School.
- A daily pass is $7 plus tax and may be purchased online.
- A one-time credit of the price of a daily archery pass can be applied to the cost of an annual archery pass when purchased by mail at Three Rivers Park District, 3000 Xenium Lane N., Plymouth, MN 55441.
- Annual passes are $40 plus tax.
- Annual passes may be purchased online or by calling 763-559-6700.
- If you purchase your pass online or over the phone, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email which will serve as your seven-day temporary pass. You can expect to receive your recreation pass card in the mail in about one week.
- If you already have a recreation pass card, any newly purchased annual pass will be immediately added to your card.
- Can be used at any Three Rivers Park District archery range.
- Annual passes are valid for twelve months from the date purchased.
Recreation pass cards can be replaced if lost or damaged for a $5 plus tax fee. Call 763-559-6700 to request a replacement card.
All Programs & Events
View all upcoming archery programs and events.
Looking for more personalized instruction for your group? Call the Outdoor Recreation School at 763-694-7717 for scheduling and pricing. Equipment included.
Archery Range Rules & Policies
Failure to adhere to Park District Ordinances, Rules and Agreement may result in a citation and/or revocation of pass. The Park District reserves the right to reject or cancel passes for any reason.
General Rules and Regulations
- The ranges are designated for archery use only.
- Hours of operation are sunrise to sunset.
- Stay within boundaries of the range.
- Elm Creek and Carver Park both have designated areas for crossbows/broadheads.
- Retrieve lost arrows quickly. Do not go beyond search area limits.
- No pets allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in range area.
- Practice good sportsmanship and common sense.
Stationary Range Rules
- Do not shoot until everyone is behind the shooting line.
- Personal 3D or broadhead targets may be placed in front of the stationary targets.
- Do not shoot at a broadhead target with field points to prolong the life of the target.
- Everyone must retrieve arrows at the same time.
- When people are waiting:
- Maximum 5 arrows per round.
- Maximum 3 rounds per target.
Walk-Through Range Rules
- Follow the designated course by the numbers.
- Leave bow on hanger when retrieving arrows, except for site #1 at Carver.
- No shooting outside of designated shooting lines.
- Shooting of crossbows and broadheads is prohibited in the walk-through range.
- Maximum 1 round per target when people are waiting.
At Three Rivers, we believe everyone belongs in the parks. The Recreation Pass Plus is a one-year pass that includes free equipment rentals and recreation passes, and discounts on programs and events. It is available for families and individuals who live in Hennepin or Scott counties and are experiencing financial difficulty.
Related Blog Posts
By: Grant Stenback
What makes archery so great? According to Elm Creek park guest Grant Stenback, it's a combination of many things. Read about his experience with archery as a lifetime sport and why Elm Creek Archery Range is his go-to spot.
Other Things To Do
Recreate on the water with canoeing, kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. Get exercise and fresh air while you explore the shorelines and bays where motorized boats can’t go. Need a boat? Three Rivers offers canoe, kayak, rowboat, paddleboat and stand-up paddleboard rentals at several parks.
Three Rivers offers trails of varying difficulty for snowshoers of all skill levels. It’s a great way for the entire family to take in the scenes of a Minnesota winter. Please note: Snowshoeing is not permitted on cross-country ski trails unless otherwise noted.
New This Season: Snowshoe rentals require advanced reservations. Availability will vary by location.