retargeting pixels for Hyland Hills retargeting pixels for Hyland Hills retargeting pixels for Rennet  Race retargeting pixels for Rennet  Race

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

These are the most commonly asked questions that Three Rivers Park District answers. If you have a question that is not listed, feel free to call us at 763.559.9000 or contact us online. You may also find it helpful to review our Ordinance.

Is there a fee to use Three Rivers parks and trails?

There is no fee for the general use of Three Rivers parks and trails, but passes are required for certain activities. Parking is free with the exception of commercial vehicles, buses or vans, boat and snowmobile trailers, dog off-leash parking areas and premium parking at Hyland Hills Ski Area.

Are park facilities accessible for persons with disabilities?

Yes. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and accessibility for all participants. Most park buildings are wheelchair accessible, and all parks have wheelchair-accessible restroom facilities.

Effective March 15, 2011, the Park District allows appropriate Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMDs) in parks and trails to assist persons with mobility disabilities to more fully enjoy park areas, facilities and trails. Learn more.

Is alcohol allowed in the parks?

Yes. Beer and wine are allowed in the park (beer must be in cans or bottles). A keg permit is available for some reservation sites. Hard liquor is not allowed.

Can I release an animal in Three Rivers Park District?

No. Under the guidance of our Natural Resources division, we do not allow animals to be released in the Park District. This policy is in place for the safety of the animals as well as human visitors. In many cases, released animals have difficulty finding food and avoiding predators. Individual animals that are accustomed to contact with humans may become nuisances to park users and neighbors. Additionally, released animals may introduce disease organisms into our native animal populations.

Where can I exercise my dog off-leash?

We have dog off-leash areas at  Bryant Lake Regional ParkCrow-Hassan Park Reserve, Elm Creek Park Reserve, Cleary Lake Regional Park, Carver Park Reserve, and Lake Rebecca Park Reserve. A special-use pass is required. Before bringing your pet to the Park District, please familiarize yourself with our off-leash area policies.

Where can I walk my dog in the Park District?

Dogs are permitted on paved, regional and skijoring/dog sledding trails. Dogs must be on a non-retractable leash no more than six feet long and owners must clean up after them. Please be courteous and keep your pet from interfering with other trail users. Violators will be fined.

How can I make a donation to the parks?

There are many ways you can give to the Park District. We welcome financial donations or gifts of time through our volunteer program.

Does Three Rivers Parks offer scholarship programs?

Yes. Three Rivers offers financial assistance for individuals, schools and agencies serving youth:

Wonder Fund Scholarships  |  First Tee Golf Lesson Scholarships

Does Three Rivers donate to non-profit fundraising events?

Three Rivers Park District supports hundreds of charitable events and organizations each year through in-kind donations. Requests are considered on an ongoing basis and must be made at least four weeks prior to the event date. Items are provided for charitable fundraising activities including silent auctions and raffles. A valid tax ID is required, and the requesting organization must be based in the Twin Cities seven-county metro area. Get more information.

Does Three Rivers Parks offer gift cards?

Yes. Three Rivers Park District gift cards can be used to purchase any service, program, or merchandise item at most Park District facilities that accept credit cards. Gift cards can be purchased at the Park District Administrative Center, Hyland Hills Ski Area, golf facilities, nature centers and most visitor centers. For more information or to purchase gift cards by phone, call 763.559.9000.

Is Three Rivers Park District governed by Hennepin County?

No. Three Rivers Park District is governed by its own Board of Commissioners and is a separate entity.

Do you allow horseback riding in the parks?

Yes. Certain trails are designated for horseback riding. Riders age 12 and older must have a horse trail pass.

What activities are allowed on the Lake Minnetonka islands?

Three Rivers Park District owns parkland on three islands on Lake Minnetonka: Wild Goose Chase Island, Wawatasso Island and a portion of Big Island. All of these areas are undeveloped and do not have drinking water or toilets available. Picnicking is allowed at designated sites. Camping or overnight use is not permitted on any of the islands. The Park District does not provide transportation to or from the Lake Minnetonka islands. See more information.

Do you offer a discount for persons or families of low income?

Yes. Parks for All People is a program initiated through cooperative agreements with Hennepin County and Scott County. Qualified recipients of county economic assistance can receive applications for free swim passes and cross-country ski passes. Forms can only be issued by county economic assistance departments and must be redeemed by mail or in person at Three Rivers Park District Administrative Center.

What should I do if I find injured or orphaned wildlife?

Please call the Wildlife Rehab Centerin Roseville at 651.486.9453 where volunteers can assist with the care of injured or orphaned animals 7 days a week. For injured raptors, please call The Raptor Center in St. Paul at 612.624.4745.

What is Three River Park District's relationship with Scott County?

Three Rivers Park District owns and operates Cleary Lake Regional Park and Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve in Scott County. Although Scott County has historically contributed funding towards operating these parks, the County Board launched its own regional park efforts in 2004 and now owns Spring Lake, Doyle-Kennefick, and Cedar Lake Farm regional parks, as well as the Scott West Regional Trail. Under the joint powers agreement, Scott County and Three Rivers Park District will combine resources to collectively operate all regional parks and trails in the county.