What is the Military Pass program?

The Military Pass program is a recreation card that offers the following free recreation passes to Hennepin County or Scott County residents who are active military, disabled veterans or Purple Heart recipients:

  • Archery
  • Cross-country skiing
  • Disc golf
  • Dog off-leash areas
  • Horse trails
  • Swim ponds
  • Parking for snowmobile or boat trailers

Do I qualify for a Military Pass?

If you are both: A) currently a resident of Hennepin County or Scott County, and B) serving in the military, are a disabled veteran or are a recipient of a Purple Heart, as defined below, you can apply for a Military Pass card:

  • Active duty: You are full-time duty in one of the branches of the military.
  • Disabled veterans (must meet one of the following):
    • You have been discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
    • You have served on active duty in the armed forces, separated under honorable conditions, and have a present service-connected disability.
    • You have a service-connected disability rated at 100% as defined by United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Purple Heart recipients: You have been awarded a Purple Heart military decoration.

The Military Pass is for the military member only and does not include additional family members.

How Do I Apply for a Military Pass card?

Apply online or call 763-559-6700.

For relay services, dial 711. For translation assistance, please call 763-559-6700.

A person readies to throw a disc on a disc golf course.

When Will I Know if My Application Is Approved?

Once the application is submitted, you will receive a receipt via email that the application was received. A second email will be sent to you after your application is approved and your Military Pass card(s) will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.

You can use your second receipt as a temporary pass for 7 days from the receipt date so you don’t have to wait for your card to use your recreation passes.

When you receive your card, remember to bring it with you to the parks to use your recreation passes.

When will my Military Pass card expire?

Military Pass cards must be renewed on an annual basis. You will receive a reminder email to reapply one month prior to the expiration date. Do not throw away your card; upon renewal, your existing card will be updated to reflect the benefits for the new year.

Will my Information be kept confidential?

All information is confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than communication about this and other relevant Three Rivers programs.

What kind of support does Three Rivers offer for adapted recreation?

Three Rivers offers adapted equipment for almost any activity. Whether you want to relax on the beach or try a new sport, we can help make sure you have the equipment to do it comfortably — and at no additional cost. Learn more about the equipment we have available and how to request it.

A person takes an adapted bike out on the trail.


In Three Rivers, having fun doesn't have to cost a thing. From free parking to free activities to free programs and events, find your adventure!

Contact Us

Questions? Call us at 763-559-6700.