Small watercraft racks designed to hold canoes, sailboards and kayaks are available to rent at Bryant Lake Regional Park, Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park, Cleary Lake Regional Park, Fish Lake Regional Park, French Regional Park, and Gale Woods Farm.
Watercraft can be no more than 20 feet long, 36 inches wide and 20 inches deep. All watercraft owners are required to have a current Minnesota Watercraft License from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Reserve a Small Watercraft Rack
2023 season: April 15 through Oct. 15
Watercraft rack rentals will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, starting April 5, 2023, at 8 AM. There is no longer a lottery. The rental rate is $65 plus tax per rack.
For additional information or questions, please call the Reservations Office at 763-559-6700.
A limited number of sailboat slips are available for rental at French Regional Park from May 6–October 8, 2023. The slips are assigned on a lottery basis. To enter the lottery, call 763-559-6700 between 8 AM on Wednesday, March 1 and 4:30 PM on Friday, March 31, 2023. The following rules and requirements apply:
- The renter must have a current Minnesota Watercraft License issued by the Minnesota DNR.
- The watercraft must be a sailboat 22 feet in length or less.
- Lifts and sailboats may not be more than 10 feet in width;
- Catamarans and trimarans must be less than 13 feet in width.
- Owners are required to provide lifts.
- The seasonal rental fee is $550 plus tax per slip. Applicants that succeed in securing a slip will have the opportunity to renew slip rental and/or storage rental agreements through four seasons. After four seasons, applicants must re-enter the lottery. For more information about sailboat slip rental, call 763-694-7750.
Winter Lift Storage
Off-season lift storage is available at French Regional Park from October 8, 2023, through May 4, 2024. The following rules and requirements apply:
- The off-season storage fee is $65 plus tax.
- Owners are required to sign a seasonal storage contract.
- Owners must have lifts removed from the storage area by May 4, 2024.